The first EL AL 737-800 aircraft returned to service with USB-C power installed throughout the cabin. This makes the carrier one of only a handful of airlines with the newer power systems installed on board. The solution, provided by Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems, will be progressively retrofit on to the other 14 aircraft in the fleet.
We recognize our passengers’ expectations to have easy access to in-seat power. The type of power they require is changing, so we are looking forward and future-proofing our cabins with the most current technology available. We know that as the world leader for in-seat power, Astronics products will deliver value and maintenance advantages for the long term.– Amnon Hammer, Director, Program Management of EL AL Airlines
The EmPower power solution installed on board includes both USB-A and USB-C ports with up to 60W of power at each seat. This delivers sufficient power for most personal electronic devices as well as USB-C powered laptops. Business class seats will also have 110V outlets available.
More from the 2019 APEX EXPO
- Gogo makes a China 2Ku play
- Cabin-wide Bluetooth audio to fly in 2021
- EL AL brings USB-C in-seat power online
- Viasat extends its SAS reach with long-haul planes
- JetBlue selects Thales AVANT for A220 IFE
- Moving Maps and much more coming to Vistara’s long-haul fleet
- PaxEx Update: APEX EXPO
- Inflight WiFi for JSX slips to 2020
- AERQ wants to be more than just a Welcome Board
A favor to ask while you're here...
Did you enjoy the content? Or learn something useful? Or generally just think this is the type of story you'd like to see more of? Consider supporting the site through a donation (any amount helps). It helps keep me independent and avoiding the credit card schlock.