British Airways confirmed last week that the company’s 747s will not carry passengers again. And Qantas had a spectacular send off for its 747s as they, too, are retired.
Also in this week’s episode:
- ZIM Flugsitz filed for insolvency protection, as did Global Eagle. Both are still operating as they restructure their finances.
- Etihad and Boeing are cooperating on a new EcoDemonstrator 787-10 aircraft
- EAG hopes to have a 70-seat hybrid electric aircraft in service by 2028
- Dan Coleman and Dr. Joe Leader are our guests, talking about how the FTE APEX Virtual Expo is shaping up.
- FlightPath3D won a couple awards in a recent hackathon for API integrations on their mapping platform
The Weekly Wrap is made possible by the support of West Entertainment.
A favor to ask while you're here...
Did you enjoy the content? Or learn something useful? Or generally just think this is the type of story you'd like to see more of? Consider supporting the site through a donation (any amount helps). It helps keep me independent and avoiding the credit card schlock.