Need a 77-inch OLED screen on board your business jet? Astronics and LG Electronics have you covered. The pair are expanding their partnership, including adding the 77-inch model to the lineup.
Given our early success, we are advancing our partnership with LG Display, and expect to continue to leverage our combined capabilities to develop and launch new products for the aviation industry.– Taylor Prosba, Vice President & General Manager of Astronics Custom Control Concepts
The pair have successfully delivered more than 100 4K OLED products in the aviation market so far. The expanded partnership will provide Astronics with access to even more of the LG screen options to continue growing the portfolio.
Astronics also integrates “smart tv” technology into the display housings. This allows them to offer on-demand in the cabin, without additional bulky boxes to power the displays.
More news from EBACE 2022
- Gogo, OneWeb team for BizAv satellite service
- Inmarsat SwiftJet boosts BizAv bandwidth
- Astronics, LG grow OLED display partnership
- OneWeb, Satcom Direct, QEST team for BizAv internet offering
- The "Evolution" of Jet ConneX delivers more for passengers
- In-flight connectivity’s next major hurdle: Smaller planes
A favor to ask while you're here...
Did you enjoy the content? Or learn something useful? Or generally just think this is the type of story you'd like to see more of? Consider supporting the site through a donation (any amount helps). It helps keep me independent and avoiding the credit card schlock.