When Eastern Airlines returns to service with flights to China, the Caribbean and South America passengers will have an inflight entertainment option available on the carrier’s 767-300s. The Immfly WIFE platform will be installed across the fleet, enabling a wide variety of entertainment content. The deal was announced at the Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg this morning.
The wireless IFE platform allows passengers to stream content to their personal devices during the trip. Owing to the diverse route network the companies will cooperate to ensure multiple languages in the interface as well as audio and video content from multiple sources, including large Hollywood studios. But the deal is not just about keeping passengers entertained.
Eastern looks forward to launching Immfly’s Connected Digital Services Platform across its full fleet. We see a clear opportunity to enhance our service and operations with one of the most innovative propositions in the market delivering a premium IFE experience to our passengers while fortifying our competitive edge.– Eastern’s President & CEO, Steve Harfst
Immfly describes a “disruptive platform with integrated digital services that include a combination of breakthrough revenue generation tools.” The suite of tools hopes to deliver “a combination of revenue streams never before seen in the North American market.” While the buzzword bingo quotient on that statement is high the goal is clear: Eastern plans to make its IFE system a source of revenue, not a cost center to the operation.
Eastern joins long-haul LCC operations such as XL Airways and Evelop as Immfly customers.
The Eastern brand is now operated by the charter carrier formerly known as Dynamic International Airways. Dynamic changed its name to Eastern as part of its emergence from bankruptcy in 2018, having purchased the name from Swift Air. Swift bought the name from the prior iteration of Eastern that ceased operations at the end of 2017. Eastern recently applied to the US DoT for rights to operate scheduled flights to China.
More from Aircraft Interiors Expo 2019
- Air Transat adds free streaming IFE with Bluebox Wow
- FlightPath3D crunches big data to improve the moving map
- M-Flex Duet: The new business class inflight bar
- Immfly introduces Adsfly agency to optimize inflight monetization
- Airbus expands Airspace Customer Definition Centre to A330, A320neo lines
- Panasonic updates Wellness offering, announces Etihad as first customer
- Hawaiian Airlines selects Adient, Collins for 787 seating
- Immfly streaming IFE to fly on Eastern Airlines
- United’s premium transon fleet gets a Viasat wifi upgrade
- AirFi adds hundreds of planes to streaming IFE portfolio
- PaxEx Premium: A pleasant surprisESA
- RAVE reviews for Inflight Bluetooth pairing from Safran
- PaxEx Premium: India inflight internet intentions
- Lufthansa Systems pulls the plug on patch antenna connectivity play
- Getting comfortable with 28" pitch