Coordinating technology, content, branding, and advertising across airports, lounges, and aircraft is a daunting task for airlines. Often the partners they work with specialize in just one of those areas, meaning extra overhead to bring it all together. The newly established Conetic Group hopes to ease that pain, coalescing a trio of market leaders to cross over those boundaries.
The brands under the group share a synergy of core values – Care and Service, Trust, Agility, and Knowledge – that have been key to the success of Touch and ABOVE and that underpin Conetic’s approach to its relationships and commitment to its customers, partners, suppliers and staff alike.– Joe Carreira, Conetic CEO
Consolidating under the Conetic umbrella are:
- Touch Inflight Solutions – A media curation and licensing specialist, as well as developer of custom inflight entertainment experience solutions.
- Above Aero Media Services – A cloud-based media management provider, automating and streamlining the supply chain between media owners and digital platforms.
- Oxygen Premium Services – Developer and manager of airport experiences, including lounge facilities and premium passenger experiences.
The Group believes its three businesses cover more than 80% of airline-passenger touch time, from the terminal to the lounge to the plane. Over the coming decade the company intends to harmonize the passenger experience across that span, making it more memorable through a holistic and unified offer.
In the short-term, Conetic plans disruptive innovation to the Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) market and reimagining of the role the airport lounges plays in the connected world.
Conetic promises management efficiency, increased brand equity, and faster business growth for the companies under its umbrella. But the arrangement is not a merger of the three companies.
Each continues to operate independently, but with some commonality of leadership across key strategic functions. This covers Finance, Business Development, Customer Experience, and Human Resources.
Several executives will share responsibilities across the portfolio companies:
- Joe Carreira will serve as CEO at Conetic with additional positions as CEO at Touch and Oxygen, and as a Board Director at ABOVE
- Mariana Levy will serve as Head of Customer Experience at Conetic, Touch, and Oxygen
- Andre Valera will serve as Vice President of Business Development at Conetic and Touch and Oxygen, and Co-Managing Director at ABOVE.
- Daniel Costa will serve as Group Finance Director across all companies.
Conetic’s existing portfolio, delivered via its three brands, covers 40+ combined customers. Obviously, the company hopes to see that number grow as the synergies take hold.
A favor to ask while you're here...
Did you enjoy the content? Or learn something useful? Or generally just think this is the type of story you'd like to see more of? Consider supporting the site through a donation (any amount helps). It helps keep me independent and avoiding the credit card schlock.