Unum Two is ready to fly. The new forward-facing, lie-flat, direct aisle access business class seat was introduced at Aircraft Interiors Expo 2023 in Hamburg, joining the Unum One herringbone design in the company’s portfolio.
Like its herringbone sister, [Unum Two] is an elegant design that delivers maximum comfort at minimum weight! … Unum Two builds on our ability to disrupt the status quo, while enabling airlines to deliver a consistent business class passenger experience. – Chris Brady, Founder & CEO, Unum
Unique to Unum’s product line is the company’s patented Scimitar seat mechanism. The geared/curved components allow for smooth transition through infinite adjustability, lumbar support when you need it, and a well-supported Zero Gravity position.
The seat delivers a staggered layout on board, similar to other forward-facing seats. Center pairs alternate between more private or closer to a travel partner. Unum Two includes a 21.5″ wide bed and a door for privacy as well.
Unum says the company can deliver that spacious premium experience while matching cabin density of competing products.
Perhaps most notable about the launch of a new seat at AIX: Unum Two is not just a concept. Unum Founder and Chris Brady notes that the product unveiling at AIX comes after approvals and certification testing with regulators. The seat is “truly ready to fly.”
That regulatory approval is part of the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) awarding Part 21G Production Organisation Approval (POA) following an audit and assessment of its facilities, processes and systems. A further certification test campaign expects to deliver Unum’s first Technical Standard Order Authorization (TSOA) within weeks.
More news from Aircraft Interiors Expo 2023
- Crystal Cabin Awards short list: 80+ designs that will change the way you fly
- Finalists for 2023 Crystal Cabin Awards represent the future of passenger comfort
- ThinKom, Kontron partner for multi-constellation, multi-orbit, multi-modem IFC terminal
- Stellar Blu secures Boeing line-fit agreement
- Seamless finalizes QoE metrics, certifies first partner
- Recaro introduces PL3810, next generation of premium economy
- Jazeera saves weight, increases cabin capacity with Expliseat TiSeat E2
- Hughes signs on as OneWeb partner, launches new IFC options for airlines
- Recaro’s Xtend option allows exit row legroom shrink
- Aurora single-aisle lie-flat business class seats unveiled by Collins Aerospace
- Air Canada plans more free Wi-Fi with regional jet upgrades
- Unum Two launches as forward-facing business class option
- Collins brings galley inserts online with low-cost retrofit option
- Airbus HBCplus Ku-band providers selected
- ThinKom Plus launches, with hybrid LEO/GEO offering
- Air4All, Delta Flight Products team for wheelchair seating on board
- Testing the next step for LEO-based IFC
- JAL plans boost for inflight Wi-Fi service
- Airspace coming to A220 family
- InteliSence aims to boost premium cabin service with seat monitoring, analysis
- Seeking understanding in the IFC world
A favor to ask while you're here...
Did you enjoy the content? Or learn something useful? Or generally just think this is the type of story you'd like to see more of? Consider supporting the site through a donation (any amount helps). It helps keep me independent and avoiding the credit card schlock.