No one likes to talk about it, but every now and then a deal signed to deliver services for an airline turns sour. Whether it is a hardware problem, pricing challenges, or a failure to bring the solution as promised (and contracted) for other reasons, those are rarely happy situations. Those failures are also typically managed privately, and with minimal sniping between parties.
When that veil of propriety is pierced, however, things get interesting in a hurry.
There’s more to the story…Dig deeper with a PaxEx.Aero Premium Subscription
More on the myriad challenges getting Wi-Fi on board
- Spirit officially activates WiFi, launches new pricing options
- Beyond the Megabits: Taking Spirit’s WiFi for a ride
- Spirit Airlines WiFi goes live*
- PaxEx Premium: Does Spirit have a secret for selling wifi?
- Air Canada confirms Thales as 737 MAX WiFi provider
- Air Canada brings free messaging online, expands live TV coverage
- Thales FlytLIVE gets boost with SES-17 activation
- Air Canada selects Intelsat 2Ku for A321 internet service
- Cathay Pacific A321neo brings many firsts to market
- Qatar Airways picks Inmarsat GX for Super Wi-Fi service on 787s, MAX 10s
More news from Aircraft Interiors Expo 2023
- Crystal Cabin Awards short list: 80+ designs that will change the way you fly
- Finalists for 2023 Crystal Cabin Awards represent the future of passenger comfort
- ThinKom, Kontron partner for multi-constellation, multi-orbit, multi-modem IFC terminal
- Stellar Blu secures Boeing line-fit agreement
- Seamless finalizes QoE metrics, certifies first partner
- Recaro introduces PL3810, next generation of premium economy
- Jazeera saves weight, increases cabin capacity with Expliseat TiSeat E2
- Hughes signs on as OneWeb partner, launches new IFC options for airlines
- Recaro’s Xtend option allows exit row legroom shrink
- Aurora single-aisle lie-flat business class seats unveiled by Collins Aerospace
- Air Canada plans more free Wi-Fi with regional jet upgrades
- Unum Two launches as forward-facing business class option
- Collins brings galley inserts online with low-cost retrofit option
- Airbus HBCplus Ku-band providers selected
- ThinKom Plus launches, with hybrid LEO/GEO offering
- Air4All, Delta Flight Products team for wheelchair seating on board
- Testing the next step for LEO-based IFC
- JAL plans boost for inflight Wi-Fi service
- Airspace coming to A220 family
- InteliSence aims to boost premium cabin service with seat monitoring, analysis
- Seeking understanding in the IFC world
A favor to ask while you're here...
Did you enjoy the content? Or learn something useful? Or generally just think this is the type of story you'd like to see more of? Consider supporting the site through a donation (any amount helps). It helps keep me independent and avoiding the credit card schlock.