When the Hawaiian Airlines 787s enter service in 2021 they will feature an all-new cabin design for the carrier.
The new lie-flat business class seats will be provided by upstart Adient Aerospace while the economy class cabin will be fitted by Collins Aerospace. With this deal Hawaiian becomes the first announced airline customer for Adient, the joint venture operation launched last year between Boeing and Adient, a world leader in automotive seats.
We couldn’t be more pleased for Adient Aerospace and Collins Aerospace to join us in creating a distinctively Hawaiian cabin experience in our future flagship aircraft. Our guests will enjoy the island-inspired comfort and warm hospitality for which we’re known, while relaxing in seats that represent the cutting edge of innovation in seating technology.– Avi Mannis, SVP Marketing at Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian and Adient will collaborate on development of the new seat design for the ten aircraft order. The seat will be based on the Ascent line from Adient, described as “a modular premium lie-flat seat featuring double suites and designed specifically for the wide-body cabin of the 787-9.” As part of the cooperation the seat will be tailored to address Hawaiian’s unique passenger mix. A higher share of families and couples seek a blend of personal and shared experiences, facilitated by the center double seat pair. Business travelers will enjoy privacy and other “enhanced functionality” benefits of the design.
Passengers in economy class will fly on the Collins Aerospace Aspire seats. The Aspire product line is the new long-haul flagship product from Collins Aerospace. It flies on a number of other airlines, including United Airlines’ latest 777 layout.
Among other benefits the Aspire seat promises improved knee and shin room and better torso support in the seatback. This selection expands an existing relationship between the two companies. Hawaiian’s A321neo fleet features the Pinnacle seat from Collins.
More from Aircraft Interiors Expo 2019
- Air Transat adds free streaming IFE with Bluebox Wow
- FlightPath3D crunches big data to improve the moving map
- M-Flex Duet: The new business class inflight bar
- Immfly introduces Adsfly agency to optimize inflight monetization
- Airbus expands Airspace Customer Definition Centre to A330, A320neo lines
- Panasonic updates Wellness offering, announces Etihad as first customer
- Hawaiian Airlines selects Adient, Collins for 787 seating
- Immfly streaming IFE to fly on Eastern Airlines
- United’s premium transon fleet gets a Viasat wifi upgrade
- AirFi adds hundreds of planes to streaming IFE portfolio
- PaxEx Premium: A pleasant surprisESA
- RAVE reviews for Inflight Bluetooth pairing from Safran
- PaxEx Premium: India inflight internet intentions
- Lufthansa Systems pulls the plug on patch antenna connectivity play
- Getting comfortable with 28" pitch