STELIA Aerospace and AERQ are teaming to bring the Welcome Board to A320neo-family aircraft. The 32” UHD OLED screen will be integrated into the front row monument at the entry door for STELIA’s OPERA business class seat.
The integration of AERQ’s state-of-the-art Cabin Digital Signage powered by OLED technology will take STELIA Aerospace a step further into enhancing the passengers’ experience, right from the moment they board the aircraft, thus generating high added value for airlines.– Thierry Kanengieser, VP Cabin Interior STELIA Aerospace
This is the first formal partnership announced for AERQ as it continues to develop its next generation, integrated digital cabin signage and inflight entertainment platform. As a cabin touchpoint, the Welcome Board greets passengers onboard the aircraft, offers useful flight information, tips and advertisements and helps airlines enhance their brand awareness.
The OLED technology, developed by LG as part of the AERQ joint venture with Lufthansa Technik, offers incredible flexibility. In addition to cabin monuments, the OLED screens could also be applied to virtual ceilings or windows and to divide cabins in a new and stunning way.
“AERQ aims to bring digitalization to the aircraft cabin for the benefit of passengers and airlines. OLED display technology has a lot to offer for an improved passenger experience onboard the aircraft. But to achieve the goal of a digitalized cabin, collaboration with other vendors is key. Therefore, we are very pleased about the collaboration with STELIA Aerospace,” said Son Yob (Louis) Pak, Co-Managing Director at AERQ.
Thierry Kanengieser, VP Cabin Interior STELIA Aerospace is also keen on the collaboration, noting that the Welcome Board is just a first step. “We are looking forward to developing this collaboration with new co-designed products, serving our customer airlines for an ever better flight experience,” he added.
Launched in 2020, OPERA® is STELIA Aerospace’s new “Full Flat, Full Access, Full Privacy” Business Class seat, offering the highest standard wide-body comfort on single-aisle aircraft and is optimized for the A320neo family, including the first and last row monuments.
The Welcome Board first flew as a concept in September 2019, on a Lufthansa A380 Flying Lab flight from Munich to Los Angeles. AERQ has continued to refine its product line since then, adding the AERENA IFE platform, and expanding partnerships.
This front row monument screen for OPERA® is available for the A320neo family and will also soon be available for the A321 XLR.
More news from Aircraft Interiors Expo 2022
- ThinKom targets regional jets with smaller antenna solution
- Philippine Airlines adds streaming IFE with Inflight Dublin
- AERQ brings Welcome Board to Stelia’s Opera business class cabin
- Bluetooth pairing coming to Delta’s long-haul fleet
- Carlisle delivers ESA mount kit for Gilat
- Burrana secures power line-fit access for A320 family
- OneWeb, Stellar Blu confirm successful LEO in-flight connectivity tests on 777
- The future of aircraft interiors: Winners of the Crystal Cabin Awards 2022 announced
- Inflight Dublin expands deployments with Wideroe, Drukair
- Euphony promises top-quality sound without headphones
- Astronics boosts cabin WiFi, power offerings
- Starlink Scuttlebutt: Skepticism and Support
- Airbus advances 5G ATG connections in China
- Air Canada selects Intelsat 2Ku for A321 internet service
- In-flight connectivity’s next major hurdle: Smaller planes
- Telekom FlyNet app eases in-flight connectivity for Lufthansa passengers
- Slowing their ESA roll
A favor to ask while you're here...
Did you enjoy the content? Or learn something useful? Or generally just think this is the type of story you'd like to see more of? Consider supporting the site through a donation (any amount helps). It helps keep me independent and avoiding the credit card schlock.