When Gilat Satellite Networks brings its new electronically steered antenna (ESA) solutions to the commercial aviation market, they’ll be mounted on an Integrated Adapter Plate from CarlisleIT. The companies announced the partnership this week at Aircraft Interiors Expo 2022 in Hamburg.
The integration of the CarlisleIT thermal management system into the adapter plate structure combined with Gilat’s ESA terminal demonstrates a solution that fits on smaller aircraft with a compact antenna footprint, yet surpasses connectivity performance expectations.– David Grice, business development manager at CarlisleIT
CarlisleIT’s Integrated Adapter Plate and Thermal Management System (TMS) delivers a custom installation package design to accommodate Gilat Satellite Networks’ ESAs, for use with multiple satellite constellations. Speaking on the development, CarlisleIT business development manager David Grice is “excited to demonstrate the power of partnering with companies creating the latest technologies, like ThinKom and Gilat, and integrating them into the ever-changing landscape as it develops.”
That developing landscape will almost certainly include some of the upcoming terminals designed to connect to the new low earth orbit satellite constellations expected to enter service in the years ahead.
To that end, Carlisle recognizes that Gilat is not the only potential partner for the solution. The company notes the adapter plate and TMS “can easily be scaled to interface with other Electronically Steered Array antennas and provides a low-profile, compact installation, supporting gate-to-gate SATCOM operability.”
CarlisleIT leads the market in aerospace SATCOM installation solutions, with over 2,500 installations delivered worldwide.
More news from Aircraft Interiors Expo 2022
- ThinKom targets regional jets with smaller antenna solution
- Philippine Airlines adds streaming IFE with Inflight Dublin
- AERQ brings Welcome Board to Stelia’s Opera business class cabin
- Bluetooth pairing coming to Delta’s long-haul fleet
- Carlisle delivers ESA mount kit for Gilat
- Burrana secures power line-fit access for A320 family
- OneWeb, Stellar Blu confirm successful LEO in-flight connectivity tests on 777
- The future of aircraft interiors: Winners of the Crystal Cabin Awards 2022 announced
- Inflight Dublin expands deployments with Wideroe, Drukair
- Euphony promises top-quality sound without headphones
- Astronics boosts cabin WiFi, power offerings
- Starlink Scuttlebutt: Skepticism and Support
- Airbus advances 5G ATG connections in China
- Air Canada selects Intelsat 2Ku for A321 internet service
- In-flight connectivity’s next major hurdle: Smaller planes
- Telekom FlyNet app eases in-flight connectivity for Lufthansa passengers
- Slowing their ESA roll
A favor to ask while you're here...
Did you enjoy the content? Or learn something useful? Or generally just think this is the type of story you'd like to see more of? Consider supporting the site through a donation (any amount helps). It helps keep me independent and avoiding the credit card schlock.